Combining the intrinsic features of Silicon Carbide technology with an optimized compact design and an internal layout able to minimize the stray inductance, the ACEPACK DRIVE power modules are ideal for HEV/EV traction inverters.
The new automotive-grade power module series features a very low R DS(on) , limited switching losses and outstanding performance in synchronous rectification mode. Thanks to the 3 rd generation SiC MOSFET technology, our latest ACEPACK DRIVE modules ensure increased efficiency and maximizing electric vehicles mileage range.
Furthermore, the very high-power density of the new ACEPACK modules minimizes system room occupation required by the market’s evolving needs.
ACEPACK DRIVE power modules offer optimal thermal performance thanks to their direct liquid-cooled baseplate and, at the same time, an enhanced lifetime thanks to the sintering technology used as die attach, combined with the AMB substrates.
The wide product portfolio available in short and long bus bar mounting options targets a power range from 180 to more than 300 kW.
Soon available in stock
- 750 and 1200 V breakdown voltages
- 3 rd generation SiC MOSFETs
- Extremely high power density reduces overall system size
- 175°C maximum junction temperature
- Press-FIT connections for high reliable and long-lasting connection required for automotive applications
- Pin-fin for direct cooling
- AMB substrates for better thermal management
- Dedicated NTC for each single substrate for temperature monitoring
- Internal layout optimized to minimize stray inductance
- Different bus bar available to fit welding or screwing connection methods to assure a larger area of applications
- Long bus bar with the possibility to use a Hall-current sensor
- Unequalled R DS(on)
- High reliability and robustness
- RoHS compliant modules
The document describes the recommended process for mounting ACEPACK DRIVE power modules to meet the very high-quality standards required by the automotive sector. This document summarizes the best way to use the module that drives the most critical part in the automotive environment, which is the traction inverter.
Learn more about how ST's ACEPACK DRIVE power modules can help reduce battery size, vehicle weight and daily running costs in traction inverters.
This whitepaper investigates the role of an EV's traction inverter, the electrical specifications required for its operation, the design challenges engineers face when developing them, and the impact wide bandgap (WBG) devices are having on their design.